A prayer before study: Psalm 43:3 "Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain to the place where you dwell." amen

Monday, December 15, 2025

Dec. 15:....Mary pondered these things

   “Mary knew these things were precious, and she thought about them often in her heart.” Luke 2:19

Heavenly Father, 
This piece of scripture seems very personal to me. “Mary knew these things were precious and thought about them often in her heart.” I do know that all this is precious beyond price and that I should think about them often. 
Forgive me that my heart is not always as filled with thoughts of you as it should be. Forgive me that I often let the mundane and unimportant fill my mind instead. Forgive me that I let myself become weary of doing good or even caring about others and that I fill my days with trivial details rather than thoughts of you. Help me to lose my guilt feelings when they are unhealthy rather than productive. Help me to truly seek you and your glory rather than my own wants and wishes. 
The most precious things I can hold in my heart are the baby and the mission he came to accomplish. Help me reflect more on Jesus as my Lord and Savior, Jesus as my mentor and friend, Jesus as the life I wish to follow and obey. Fill me every day with more of your Holy Spirit and less of my own weak useless one. 
I wish to spend more time with you and your words, to make more time in my life for the “Good News” that you sent for all mankind. Let me live up to my name......Mary......and be more like the Mary’s of scripture who focused their lives on you...pondering each moment, treasuring each word. You are most precious and I can’t afford to ever see you as less than the dearest treasure in my heart!
 “Create in me a clean heart, O LORD, and renew a right spirit within me.” amen

Heart's Treasure
A baby born...God's holy Son!
Shepherds and angels the story impart.
But Mary watched and listened......
And treasured these things in her heart.

She pondered each visitor, every moment,
Every detail surrounding his birth.
She wanted to always remember
The days that he spent here on earth.

What future would lie before him....
This child sent from heaven above?
Mary knew that her child was special
And she treasured each moment with love.

As we gaze at the babe in the manger....
The Son of God....the Son of Man,
We too, should treasure this Christ Child...
The fulfillment of God's holy plan.

(Mary Freeman 12-2007)

No comments: